Friday, December 14, 2007


CHAPTER ONE: MATERIAL PANGS THE FACTS AND FIGURES 101

Life was not that bad? Really it was pretty good “compared” to most Ok I had some ups and downs. Some good moments some bad moments, but all in all it was pleasant.
Then why was I so unhappy? Materially speaking I had more then I needed, food on the table, a roof over my head, computer games, friends, what more did I need, I even had some aspect of God in my life.
Contemplating life was some thing I use to do a lot off. What was it all about man? I use to think just work, have fun, more work then die! Man what a crappy life with no meaning, and no point! And the fun, or what most called fun, you know playing computer games hanging out at the mall with your friends, doing the old drive by past the strand [beach] for the hundredth time. “COME ON” this is what my intelligence was design to be use for, is this all you need in life? “please”.

As my mind was ticking away I started to feel that no one had any answers, no real satisfactory answers. There were some answers to the questions, like you think too much, don’t worry about it mate just have a beer, God has his plan for you, oh and the best of all we were all just a freak accident by nature. When you think about this a lot it becomes very depressing, no one has any real answers to give.
So you get to choose one of the above choices. Because intoxication stops the thinking process, you can finally drown out those annoying question that just keep popping up. If that doesn’t tickle your fancy then you can choose blindly believing in a god that seems to only favour one particular race, sex, species and culture namely you and every thing related to you. And if that doesn’t grab you, you can choose the “scientific” belief that there is no real point to our existence and your just here by mistake, a freak accident nothing more. So make the most of it while you can, just procreate like the animals to keep the species going, forget that you have higher faculties then the animals. Just use it to do exactly the same thing don’t worry that you destroy the world in the process.

And of course you can choose a little of each? For me I decided the intoxication part more so, and took to smoking, smoking drugs and drinking. I know I’m a sad case!
But still some where in me as I got older those pressing questions got louder and louder.
What happen after that will be for the next chapter, lets return to the reasoning behind my taking intoxication and my overall unhappiness with the answers or lack of answers that most of the total population have to resort to taking some form of intoxication for.
“Truly” from entering the first grade to leaving year ten I was taught the most important aspect to life was getting the best results, so I could get the best job. Why? So I could buy all those necessities that are so important to my survival. Equalling “HAPPINESS”?????

But hold on for one second does money equal happiness? No! Just more free time doing those things that make us happy. Like playing computer games but instead of having just a couple of games I can have them all, not just the games! every console available. Then I will be happy? Forget that when I play for so long I feel sick. But I have money I can find any activity do! I’m free.
Just look at all the other rich people aren’t they happy, lets see! Elvis, mmm drug over dose, Paris alcohol abuse, drug abuse, many unhappy relationships, Kirk-suicide ect. Alcohol-drug rehabs, suicides, endless greed, unhappy relationships, maybe I’m being to negative on the whole subject or “maybe that’s the overall nature of this world we live in” “truth” “reality”. I’m sorry mum, dad but money don’t seem all that great and to the teachers of the world do you really expect all of us to believe this level of life to be the all in all. I’m sorry it’s just not good enough!
0. And for a lot of people it will not be good enough! Here are some facts straight from a authorise web site.
Depression Statistics
0. Depressive disorders affect approximately 18.8 million American adults or about 9.5% of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year. This includes major depressive disorder, dysthymic disorder, and bipolar disorder. [1]
0.
0. Everyone, will at some time in their life be affected by depression -- their own or someone else's, according to Australian Government statistics. (Depression statistics in Australia are comparable to those of the US and UK.) [2]
0.
0. Pre-schoolers are the fastest-growing market for antidepressants. At least four percent of preschoolers -- over a million -- are clinically depressed. [3]

[Pill-Popping Pre-Schoolers | Even Toddlers Get the Blues]
0.
0. The rate of increase of depression among children is an astounding 23% p.a. [4]
0.
0.
0. 15% of the population of most developed countries suffers severe depression. [5]
0.
0. 30% of women are depressed. Men's figures were previously thought to be half that of women, but new estimates are higher. [6]
0.
0. 54% of people believe depression is a personal weakness. [7]
0.
0. 41% of depressed women are too embarrassed to seek help. [8]
0.
0. 80% of depressed people are not currently having any treatment. [9]
0.
0. 92% of depressed African-American males do not seek treatment. [10]
0.
0. 15% of depressed people will commit suicide. [11]
0.
0. Depression will be the second largest killer after heart disease by 2020 -- and studies show depression is a contributory factor to fatal coronary disease. [12]

[Depression Link to Heart Disease | Hostility, Depression May Boost Heart Disease]
0.
0. Depression results in more absenteeism than almost any other physical disorder and costs employers more than US$51 billion per year in absenteeism and lost productivity, not including high medical and pharmaceutical bills. [13]
0.
To check for your self here is the web site: http://www.upliftprogram.com/depression_stats.html

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: